“Become one of the many who are waking up.”
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer the following spiritual services and support activities.
- A developmental program for learning and living the mystical life
- Meditation or contemplation practice
- Healing practice through mind treatment and intensive contemplation practice
- Talks and discourses on the message and principles of The Infinite Way
- A vibrant spiritual community and practice support group consisting of mystical fellowship, association and gatherings
- Mentoring for individuals or for small groups
- Direction or consultation for individuals
We offer you “The Mystical Life”: Truth, Contemplation, Meditation, Illumination, and Healing.
OUR INVITATION TO YOU
We invite you to:
- Experience enlightenment of the mind or soul illumination.
- Learn and practice meditation in a supportive group environment and setting.
- Develop and cultivate skills for centering, contemplation and mind treatment to enhance and deepen your individual meditation practice.
- Discover and acquire the foundations of pure mysticism (true spirituality rooted in nondualistic oneness) taught in The Infinite Way, to guide and direct your life journey along the mystical path.
- Know and understand the unifying thread of the Truth teaching which binds all the major religions of the world — their common denominator and point of convergence.
- Enjoy wholeness of being and experience healing in all areas and aspects of your life.
- Learn how to problem-solve all of life’s situations from the transcendental perspective of the mystic, by impersonalizing and nothingizing appearances.
- Rise above the workings of karmic law and nullify karmic life cycles and patterns by living and functioning under divine grace.
- Receive the blessings of darshan (spiritual transmission), the benefits of mystical fellowship and community(satsang), and the gift of the Dharma (the Truth teaching).
If you are in the San Francisco Bay area, we invite you to fellowship with us and to become a regular participant of our weekly contemplative group practice.*
Our spiritual learning program focuses on how to live the inner mystical life embodied in the perennial philosophy (also known as “the Truth teaching” or the “wisdom teaching of the ages”) which forms the core mysticism in the world’s religious traditions and the major systems of authentic spirituality. Our mission or goal is to inspire and initiate the transformational shift in consciousness that brings spiritual enlightenment or soul illumination to the individual, foremost, and to all humankind ultimately.
We recognize and honor the sacredness of individual life as an unfolding divine process, and to this end, our program is structured around this spiritual process. It fully takes into account the fact that the process occurs within a particular context, and this context is both determined by and reflected in its content. PROCESS → CONTEXT ← CONTENT
The pure mysticism we advance and promote is universal and timeless, rooted in authentic nondualist Oneness, contemporary yet classic, transreligion, nondenominational, nonsectarian, cross-cultural, and truly interfaith in cutting across or transcending religious forms, boundaries and traditions (notably Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Taoism, the mystery schools, and the esoteric traditions) and in weaving them into an integral whole.
Our program prominently features the teachings of highly respected and reputable modern-era mystics from various spiritual cultures, such Joel S. Goldsmith (The Infinite Way), Abbot Thomas Keating OCSO (Centering Prayer and The Spiritual Journey), Sri Eknath Easwaran (“Eight Point Program” of the Blue Mountain Center of Meditation), Zen Buddhist master Thich Nhat Hanh, Buddhist-Christian or Hindu-Christian (East-West) advocates William Johnston SJ, Willigis Jaeger OSB, and Bede Griffiths OSB, Hindu gurus Sri Ramakrishna (including his disciples) and Ramana Maharshi, and Sufi teacher Idries Shah, to name a small cross-section of them. We vouch for the quality and intergity of their spiritual teachings.
The program also integrates the acclaimed teachings of: the classic Christian mystics, Zen Buddhist masters, Dzogchen masters from the Diamond school of Tibetan Buddhism, the Taoist sages who elucidated on the philosophical wisdom of the Tao Te Ching, the Unity School of Christianity founded by Charles and Myrtle Fillmore, the Jewish Kabbalistic tradition, the ancient mystery schools, early Christian gnosticism, the Sufi masters from the Islamic tradition, medieval alchemy and other esoteric knowledge and arts that embody and convey authentic mystical teachings.
In scope and methodology, our psycho-spiritual learning program is both:
- metaphysical — delving into the dynamics of the mind-body continuum and the conditioned mind, as well as the nature of metaphysical error and spiritual healing; and
- metapsychological — dealing squarely with the problem of the human condition (i.e., the false self system, the illusory sense of duality and separation from the divine Selfhood) by rising beyond the nature of the human mind into the realm of pure consciousness or the Spirit for the vital, transformative mystical experience, otherwise known as the “mystical union with God” — God-realization, Self-realization, Truth-realization, God-contact, attaining God-consciousness, Christ-consciousness, or Krishna-consciousness, the Buddha-mind, satori, moksha, enlightenment, illumination, etc.
We cite and reference modern-day scientific discoveries and research to supplement and reinforce our methodology for mystical learning and spiritual practice, using recent developments in neuroscience, quantum mechanics and theoretical physics, even as we highlight how mystical teachings are being affirmed or supported by cosmology, astrophysics, biology, genetics, and other fields of science.
Through our program’s proven methodology, we initiate aspiring mystics into the mystical path of life and help acquaint them with its terrain and landscape features, such as:
- The mystical experience leading to the inner realization of Truth
- The nature of God and the nature of evil or error
- The false self system which fuels an illusory sense of separation from God
- The DE-conditioning of the human mind of harmful and destructive emotional programs that bind us to the human condition. Other systems address only the symptoms and the re-conditioning of the human mind, not the causative human state of consciousness. They do not eliminate underlying core beliefs and their belief patterns, which produce the experienced negative situation or problem.
- The demonstration of Truth or God which is experienced as spiritual healing
- Comparable mystical systems and comparative forms of mystical practice
- Unfolding spiritual consciousness and the current Ascension process toward illumined consciousness, through the transformation of consciousness as the final chapter in the evolution of the human species.
We can’t use God or truth, but by attaining an inner stillness, God, or truth can use us. It can manifest itself through us as healing if we have chosen the healing profession, as inventions if we are inventors, as music if we are composers. God is infinity, and all that is, is an emanation of God. Whether it is to appear as engineering principles, scientific principles, literary works, art works — whatever it may be — it must be an emanation of God, and we the instruments through which and as which it is to function on earth. (Joel S. Goldsmith, from The Foundation of Mysticism, 194-195)
We teach you the Truth and nothing else but the Truth. You will learn the Truth, and nothing less than . . .
SPECIAL SERVICES: Spiritual Mentoring, Direction and Consultation
Our spiritual mentoring program is available as a one-on-one tutorial for individual spiritual Truth seekers, as well as for small study groups of two or three persons. The mentoring is based on the same spiritual learning program content we offer and present at our regular classes. Contemplative meditation instruction and practice are included as a regular feature of mentoring sessions.
Lessons and discussions focus mainly on living the mystical life, by learning the principles of mysticism (the Truth teaching) and applying those principles to daily life activities in very practical ways. Our spiritual mentoring program allows:
- The flexibility of adjusting or tailoring our program to suit specific learning needs or requirements and to accommodate variations in spiritual growth, which are otherwise difficult in a classroom or large group setting;
- The responsiveness with which to meet the aspiring mystic’s developmental needs for nurturing the spiritual growth that will deepen into the intimacy of mystical union with God.
Mentoring sessions may be held once a week (weekly) or once every two weeks (biweekly), and session hours may range between two hours (minimum) to three hours per session, depending on the spiritual needs of the student and the availability of both the student and the teacher. Our fee for mentoring services is fixed at $50 per hour for each individual student.
INQUIRIES AND INFORMATION REQUESTS
For inquiries or for more information about our classes, services, activities, and other offerings, please write us by e-mail at email@example.com or give us a call at (415) 860-0300. You can also contact Unity Spiritual Center of S.F. at (415) 566-4122 for our class meeting schedule. For our contemplation and meditation meetings or sessions, please note our “contemplative meditation” flyer below.