Higgs Boson Found!

Last December 2011, I wrote a blog about the Higgs Boson, the “God particle.” Today, CERN researchers at the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) have formally announced the discovery of the Higgs Boson in a press conference attended by theoretical physicists including Peter Higgs after whom the boson was named.

Here is what I wrote in my earlier blog:

      The confirmation of the Higgs Boson of quantum physics (read related posts here in our site), dubbed the “God Particle,” is about to revolutionize science, and, I expect, our worldview of existence, reality, life, and the universe, including our puny human selves.  To a practicing mystic, this could well globally usher in the transformative understanding and illumination that the world of matter is indeed not only fleetingly unreal but also truly illusory — something that mystics down through time’s corridors have realized for ages.  And hopefully, with that understanding will come the realization that all existence emanates from a Zero Point Field, a singularity of emptiness and no-thing-ness, a total void against which the etheric light of individuated Christ-consciousness shines — our true Self.

Humanity is entering a new epoch in its understanding of the material universe, which in turn will bring the renaissance of mysticism as the true spirituality for the third millennium.

Recommended readings for additional information on the Higgs Boson:

  • What This Higgs Boson Thing Really Means
  • Still Confused About the Higgs Boson? Read This.
  • New visions of the universe opened up by Higgs boson discovery
  • Physics is a work of art: Finding the Higgs particle opens unknown realms while enriching the one we know

    About Marc of Contemplative Pathways

    Marc teaches contemplative meditation in the context of "contemporary mysticism" under the style of "Contemplative Pathways." His spiritual work is backed by a profound understanding of mystical teachings and the mystical life, that is rooted in fifty (50) years of personal study, practice and spiritual unfoldment (inner realization and spiritual experience).  In the course of his spiritual journey, he has received the gifts of mystical discernment and spiritual transmission. Marc has been conducting classes and meetings on contemporary mysticism and meditation at the San Francisco Bay Area for over fifteen years, usually in a classroom, lecture, seminar, workshop, online meeting, or group practice setting. He has facilitated study groups and workshops for centering/contemplative meditation practice meetings since the 1980s. Marc's teaching work meaningfully shifts consciousness in students through the process of spiritual transmission and mystical transformation.  He enables others to embark on the spiritual journey by understanding the Truth teaching and by living its principles in their daily lives. His methodology of instruction is divinely inspired and firmly rooted in pure, authentic mysticism.  Marc's approach to the subject of contemporary mysticism is essentially nondenominational, nonsectarian, culturally interfaith, transreligious, definitively unitive, and unequivocally nondualistic. Within the context of the great shift in consciousness presently occurring all over the planet, Marc’s work focuses on individual and collective spiritual instruction and transformation. He promotes the practice of contemplation or meditation as the vehicle for spiritual transcendence and ascension to the higher dimensions of mystical consciousness. His other contributions to worldwide spiritual awakening and the global contemplative movement include spiritual mentoring, spiritual direction, and spiritual healing work. Marc is firmly committed to the vision of a global spiritual awakening and the divine promise of humanity’s mystical illumination. His brand of mysticism is the only true contemporary mysticism born of 21st century illumination and spirituality.  
    Gallery | This entry was posted in Consciousness & Spirituality, Mind, Mysticism, Oneness, Transformation and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

    4 Responses to Higgs Boson Found!

    1. John says:

      What are you saying? If Higgs Boson couldn`t be found, what you said would be true. But it is found so it proves that we can explain %99 of the universe in only naturalistic way… Universe is real (not illusionary) and we can understand its system with newly found Higgs Boson


      • The Higgs Boson is capable of explaining away matter only, which makes up only four per cent (4%) of the observable Universe. The remaining 96% of the Universe, consisting of dark energy mostly and dark matter, science knows absolutely nothing about presently. Obviously, the observable 4% made of matter does not account for, comprise, or make the entire Universe.

        Fully 70% of the matter density in the universe appears to be in the form of dark energy. Twenty-six percent is dark matter. Only 4% is ordinary matter. So less than 1 part in 20 is made out of matter we have observed experimentally or described in the standard model of particle physics. Of the other 96%, apart from the properties just mentioned, we know absolutely nothing. [Lee Smolin: The Trouble with Physics, p. 16]

        Additionally, on the grand macrocosmic scale the observable 4% of the Universe appears to be real; however, at the infinitesimally small, microcosmic quantum mechanics scale of subatomic particles and wave energies, everything is in a state of constant flux, vibration, and motion, such that the “reality” of matter we are familiar with ceases to be meaningful. It is in this sense that the physical Universe is illusory.

        Ultimately, when we consider and factor in “consciousness” and the mental processes and dynamics of “awareness,” of which science, as well as the humanities, knows very little about (and only theoretically at best), we are confronted with the plausibility that the entire physical Universe perceived through our five bodily senses is invariably a holographic projection of the mind only — an illusion created by the mind.

        Neuroscientists tell us that the brain encodes all data or information about our world in two dimensions only. It is also our brains which reconstructs the information into a three-dimensional “perceived reality” of the world. That’s quite “tricky” to be relied on as an absolute reality. 😉

        Thank you for dropping by and posting your comment. 🙂


        • John says:

          Thank you for your answer, so the Higgs Boson is not contradictory with mysticism and mystic texts (like upanishads) ?


          • Apparently, there is no contradiction there, John.  This recent scientific discovery tends to bring science and mysticism even closer to each other along parallel lines, continuing the trend that emerged in the last century with the rise and flowering of quantum mechanics and theoretical physics.  (This unlikely “marriage” of science and mysticism is the underlying theme of my blog site. It is my hope that this “marriage” will eventually result in the enlightenment of the human species.)

            It is particularly exciting to follow developments in these fields of science, together with the infant neuroscience, to see how they are gradually affirming the teachings of mysticism. For example, the recently advanced theory of a multiverse (as opposed to the traditional concept of only one created universe), where universes arise like bubbles from some kind of quantum soup, is nothing new when we consider the ancient Vedic teaching of how the god Vishnu would dream up an infinity of universes and worlds into existence.

            How about sharing your own thoughts on science and mysticism with us here, John?  The insights of a discerning mind like yours are most welcome.

            Marc 🙂


    Leave a Reply to Marc of Contemplative Pathways Cancel reply

    Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

    WordPress.com Logo

    You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

    Google photo

    You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

    Twitter picture

    You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

    Facebook photo

    You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

    Connecting to %s