I recently came across the following videos which document recent studies and findings on the controversial Shroud of Turin. They boggle the mind! Watch them.
- The Real Face of Jesus? — This video documents how a face (as well as its body) has been extracted and reproduced from the holographic information contained in the images found on the Shroud of Turin, through the process of computerized digital imaging.
- The Fabric of Time — This video advances the theory that the Shroud of Turin is an artifact of the resurrection event, when viewed as a quantum hologram and explained in terms of the quantum physics suggested by the information from the hologram. It suggests that the cosmic power of a “singularity” might have been the same power behind the resurrection. In other words, the same power that kicked in the Big Bang and created the universe appears to have produced the resurrection event.
Not at all a surprising conclusion when you consider that the power in a singularity is the oneness of God at the unmanifest level of the Spirit or what quantum physicists refer to as the “zero-point field.” Nonetheless, the direct transformation of a physical human body into a glorified body of light presumes the continuity of life in the physical body at the start of and during the transformation (that is, the life force was still very much intact in the physical body as would have prevented natural decomposition and decay from setting in). In short, the physical body undergoing resurrection might not have been dead at all in the final sense.
Note: The documentary is made up of six video parts. Remember to observe the correct sequencing of those parts. Leave the “annotations” button (the red callout icon on the bar at the bottom of the video screen) ON during the video playback; a prompt box for the next numbered part will appear just before the ending of the video segment. Click the prompt box for the next part in the sequence. (If you encounter video sequencing problems, you can view the entire series at YouTube.)
- The Shroud of Turin New Evidence — a BBC documentary. The argument over the authenticity of the Turin Shroud has taken a new twist after researchers say they may have found fresh evidence that the cloth bears the face of Jesus (Yeshua). A team carrying out work in some of Rome’s ancient catacombs have discovered a ceiling fresco which they believe shows the same man as the image on the holy relic. They believe that the portrait dates from as early as 60 AD (or CE), indicating it may have been painted by someone who had actually seen Jesus while he lived. If correct, the radio-carbon dating test results of the Shroud become open to doubt and question.
Could Jesus have survived the crucifixion as postulated in the last documentary above? What do you think? We’d like to know what you think? Leave your opinion or comments below.
Here are related Internet articles which were published subsequent to this blog.
- Controversial new theories on the Shroud of Turin (08 April 2012)
- Shroud of Turin Isn’t Jesus’ Burial Cloth, Claims Forensic Study (19 July 2018)